Welcome to Matamoras
Matamoras was originally part of Westfall Township. Its name came from the Mexican town of Matamoros, which was the first to be occupied by U.S. troops during the Mexican-American War. This small town was incorporated as a borough on January 18, 1905. It is situated along the beautiful Delaware River. Its a commuter's dream, located just inside the PA border from NY and NJ!